01. Faithful Execution of Business
Employees shall conduct business honestly and impartially by complying with fair standards, laws and moral standards which are accepted by the conventional wisdom of society.
02. Prohibition of Unauthorized Use of Management Information
Employees shall understand that any leakage of corporate management information can cause serious harm to the corporation as a whole, and thus shall not provide or reveal any information related with company business to outsiders. In the case where sharing internal information is required for business purposes, relevant measures shall be taken prior to the sharing or disclosure.
Also, employees shall not discuss or reveal business subjects in any public spaces in order to prevent corporate information from being revealed to outsiders and shall take special care when handling business information.
03. Prohibition of Activities with Conflict of Interest
Employees shall not engage in any activity where there is a conflict of interest between themselves and the Company. Conflict of interest refers to any activities engaged in by employees that might compromise them in carrying out their duties. Conflict of interest includes any participation in investments and associations or acquiring rights that compromise the ability to make the best decision for the Company's sake, or any situations where the maximum profit cannot be achieved due to indirect or direct connections, financial obligations or private relationships with competitors or trade counterparts.
04. Mutual Respect Among Employees
- 1) Employees shall respect others and maintain the basic decorum required as a SK member in the workplace.
- 2) Employees shall not discriminate others according to gender, academic background, birth place, race, nationality, religion, etc.
- 3) Employees shall refrain from speaking and acting with disrespect or slandering fellow employees.
05. Prohibition of Unfair Practices Through Abuse of Business Duties and Responsibilities
Employees shall not request special consideration for recruitment, appointment, or transactions to the personnel in charge, on the basis of having some private relationship. Also employees shall not receive or offer gifts, money or treats. Money for congratulations and condolences shall be voluntary and allowed to the extent that is accepted by the prevailing social norms.
06. Protection and Proper Use of Corporate Assets and Information
Employees shall protect and utilize tangible or intangible corporate assets in a fair manner.
- 1) Corporate assets shall not be used or transferred or rented to third parties for private purposes.
- 2) Business budgets shall not be used for private purposes, and shall be spent for the purpose approved by the Company and accurately documented in ledgers.
- 3) Employees shall protect corporate intellectual properties including patents, sales rights, trademarks, copyrights or others.
- 4) Employees shall cooperate with information security measures including storage and monitoring of electronic information transferred to external entities, which are carried out in accordance with internal information policies.
07. Prohibition on Accepting Bribes
- 1) Employees shall not receive money or treats, provided by any stakeholders in return for or expectation of unfair profit or advantages.
- 2) Employees shall not receive from, nor offer to, the stakeholders, money, gifts and other valuables, treats or favors.
- 3) However if the value of the gift or money is accepted according to what is considered social norms or custom, and is regarded as supporting the relationship between the parties, in the case of socially acceptable situations (promotion, moving, business opening or similar events), employees may receive from and/or offer to the stakeholders or partners money, gifts or other valuables.
- 4) Socially acceptable conditions may differ according to the business situation. If there is any doubt or ambiguity situation, employees shall contact his/her manager or go through the official process such as ethical management counseling and reporting to seek consultation on the situation.